What is that again? Did someone just talk about a way to make me a genius (for a moment) with pills at literally no cost in terms of health effects?
To the outer limits, this is mostly what nootropics and brain pills offer. But is it a fact that there absolutely no risks involved. Well, as far as the father of nootropics suggested, nootropics should come with minimal and preferably no side effects involved.
Are nootropics safe for sure?
Are nootropics safe? First, it must be understood that nootropics and brain pills are entirely not the same. Modafinil for example is a brain pill but not a fully qualified nootropic. As a nootropic, it will promote cognitive abilities by keeping a user focused and attentive. However, there are some side effects involved, for example exhaustion, fatigue and sleep disorders.
Take another example, L-citrulline in this case. As far as the definition for a nootropic goes, the amino acid is a perfect example. It will for one promote blood circulation in the body, thus ensuring that the brain is fully provisioned with essential nutrients and minerals. However, risks are involved when the amino acid is taken alongside drugs classified as nitrates.
Going back several decades ago during the infancy of nootropics, piracetam and its cousins were developed. According to users, this nootropic is very effective in promoting instant mental energy. But in some online reviews, you will come about harsh critics assuring you of the much useless the nootropic is. So where should our loyalties fall now?
Should we forget the legality issues concerned? For example, is nootropics USA safe and legal? Just to make a brief introduction to a long to-be meeting, nootropics use and access in the USA is very safe. Most of it is also legal, but of course not for regulated drugs such as Modafinil.
How safe are nootropics; do nootropics work anyway?
Do nootropics work? Multiple research report that nootropics do actually work. it is all about setting realistic goals and knowing where to go. Below are the things you must know that will ultimately lead you to a nootropic that will actually work:
Regulation is minimal
Unlike drugs, most nootropics are not regulated by bodies such as FDA. This means that you can access them over the counter. Remember the complications that come along OTC products? Well, that may be causing all the concerns. For instance, caffeine is a popularly used brain enhancer (stimulant). However, getting pure forms of caffeine and taking it in over-concentrated forms can end you up in an intensive care unit just like that!
Effects are different
Did a friend score an unlikely grade after using a certain nootropic? That is no license that it is the product for you. It neither is a guarantee that it isn’t! For a start, hear what other users have to day about a certain nootropic on discussion forums. Anyway, we don’t expect a bull shit product to find its way around a world of a million and one intelligent internet users.
Get your dosage right
If you are stacking the nootropics for yourself, ensure that you get the dosage information right. Consider buying a weighing scale if necessary.
Don’t put all your eggs in one bag
Do nootropics work, again? Yes they do, by prompting and manipulating one or more brain functions. That answer can appear plain enough but in reality carries the weight of a world on it. A single mess-up with the brain’s function in the wrong direction can leave you permanently disabled in one way or another. Just stick to nootropics on which enough research has been done, and don’t over-do them. Supplements are much better than instant pills.
Do nootropics work? Potential health benefits
Nootropics are perhaps the safest we have come to natural brain enhancement such as exercises, dietary supplements and foods products for a healthy brain. They are on the other end the nearest we have gotten to developing a limitless pill. Below are the potential health benefits:
- Neuroprotection – Green tea powder for example has been said to aid in neuroprotection. Research is ongoing which will see nootropics being used as clinical treatment options for such conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Memory enhancement – One main promise of most nootropics is that they can boost both memory formation and access capabilities. The main issue is finding out how long can the effects last for.
- Focus and attention – Keeping focused is not always easy. This is especially when you are doing it despite several odds being not in your favor.
- Anxiety/depression/mood – Call it introversion or whatever but anxiety/depression can make you a miserable lone ranger. They will keep you outside social circles and is there a better way to remain behind in terms of current trends? Well, a mood stabilizer nootropic can be just what you need.
- Boosted brain energy – The vitality, one to keep you asking for more puzzles, make quick decisions and just find that hidden joke in a statement from a classmate no one listens to. With a nootropic such as phenibut, you can even keep a new track on your recent athletic performances.
Are nootropics safe; Risks, precautions and potential side effects
You will not find many of them but some side effects of nootropics still occur. As a precaution, always ensure that you have gotten your products from a trustworthy supplier. Fakers are the greatest sources of concerns such as ‘is nootropics USA safe’ and such. Also, get professional advice where the slightest doubts occur especially in the case of stacking.
In terms of potential side effects, the following have been reported by users:
- Headaches – It is a common side effect with starters. Racetams mainly have been reported to cause this side effect. It is attributed to over stimulation of neurotransmitters. With time, the side effect will be less regular. Another way to counter the side effect is to stack racetams with choline.
- Fatigue and exhaustion – If a nootropic is raising your current energy levels and increasing focus at the moment, it definitely means that a certain deficiency or overworking has occurred. The cost of that is sometimes fatigue, sleep disorders or exhaustion. Always check for manufacturer details on when best to use the nootropics you’ve bought. If details are not available on the label, you can always search for more details online.
- Stomach issues – This is expected. In any case that a complication occurs during the digestion process, stomach issues such as diarrhea and nausea may be experienced. You are recommended to lower your dosage, to see if the side effect will go away. You can also consider going for capsule rather than powder forms of a nootropic or vice versa. If all those options fail, consider another brand, one which will require a lesser dosage for similar results.
Nootropics are supposed to be safe, but only when used correctly. This includes buying them online or locally from legit retailers. You can for example buy phenibut online OTC, but find that there is nothing close to the real phenibut in it. Well, you will still retain your initial need for the nootropic, assuming that you don’t end up with heath complications.